2011-12-31

4 Action Chess tournaments in Louisville, Kentucky

I am on a return flight from Louisville Kentucky to Minneapolis where
I will board another flight back to Salt Lake City. During my 2 week
family visit in North Vernon, Indiana, I also played in 4 G/30 chess
tournaments in Louisville.

I managed to win the top section of one of these tournaments. The
other 3 were won by rated experts who I failed to beat, but I nearly
won every game against the experts. One of the games was a draw, and
I lost the other two. Overall my scores were not that impressive, but
I was quite happy with the quality of my play.

The last game of the last tourney did not go so well. I succumbed to
a kingside attack by a teenage 1850, in the black side of a French
variation that I was not comfortable with. Had I won I could have
pushed both of my ratings over 2000. Instead I will end up with about
the same ratings that I started with before coming to Louisville.

Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment