2020-06-01

Greenwood chess club five year anniversary today. Online play tonight. Future reopen date.

I started the Greenwood Chess Club five years ago today.


On Monday, February 1st, 2016 we moved the club to the Kroger on South Emmerson.


The Columbus Chess Club will open again on June 18th.  However, I plan to wait till July 6th to reopen the Greenwood Chess Club.  I want to wait and see what is going to happen with the COVID-19 pandemic.  I also have to check with the Kroger on South Emmerson to see if it is still okay for us to meet there.

Meanwhile, on Mondays, I will be available from 5 to 9:30 to play online at this page on chess .com:  https://www.chess.com/club/greenwood-chess-club23   

This is a page that you can join.
We usually get between 2 to 5 players.  I suggest trying to rotate players.  You can use the "Members" link to see who is online and challenge them.  It is helpful to become friends with other members so as to see their games and more easily challenge them.

On Thursday nights a few of us meet here:  https://www.chess.com/club/columbus-chess-club

I hope that everyone is healthy and safe.

--



No comments:

Post a Comment